External Eye Exam
During this exam, we will evaluate your visual acuity and check your lids, lacrimal ducts and corneas. If you require medicine for any eye disease, you will be given a prescription.
Some additional tests may be required:
- Pachymetry, which measures swelling of the cornea.
- Topography, which checks the cornea for irregularities.
- Schirmers Tear Test, which measures the tear flow to determine dry eye syndrome.
How Should I Prepare for a Corneal and External Eye Exam?
- If you are a new patient you may be dilated and may need someone to drive you home.
- Bring your glasses and contact lens if you wear them.
- Bring any eye medications and a list of all other medications with you.