Eye Diseases That Can Be Detected by An Eye Exam
Have you scheduled your eye disease exam yet? If not, you should think about doing it soon at Shreveport Eye Clinic. Eye disease exams in Shreveport can diagnose a variety of medical conditions and eye diseases.
We’ll now explain more about what these eye doctors in Shreveport can detect.
- Glaucoma: When pressure in the eye increases, it puts a strain on certain eye nerves. This is how glaucoma develops. With closed-angle glaucoma, symptoms are quick and painful, while with open-angle glaucoma, symptoms develop more gradually.
- Cataracts: The clouds that impact your vision with cataracts don’t appear overnight. Eye doctors in Shreveport can catch this condition early, preserving your vision.
- Hypertension: Although not related to the eyes, an eye disease exam can pick up signs of hypertension. Also known as high blood pressure, this condition can lead to stroke and heart disease without treatment.
- Diabetic retinopathy: When the retina’s blood vessels weaken due to blood sugar issues, diabetic retinopathy occurs. You must already have diabetes to have this condition.
- Circulatory deficiencies: If your body’s circulation starts to fail, your health could be in danger. This is another great reason to schedule an eye exam.
- AIDS: This autoimmune disease is a progression of human immunodeficiency virus or HIV. Surprisingly, eye disease exams can detect AIDS early so treatment can begin.
- Diabetes: We mentioned diabetic retinopathy before, which occurs in diabetes patients. An exam can determine if you may have diabetes. If you get your blood sugar in check, you should avoid developing diabetic retinopathy.
- Cancer: Tumors, whether cancerous or noncancerous, will come up in an eye disease exam. You should then see your medical practitioner for a more thorough diagnosis.
About Shreveport Eye Clinic, Your Ophthalmologists in Shreveport LA
Do you need eye exams or eye disease exams in Shreveport? Contact us at Shreveport Eye Clinic, your opthamologists in Shreveport LA. Our talented team of physicians offer macular degeneration exams, routine eye exams, retina exams, pediatric eye exams, and glaucoma exams.
To learn more or schedule an appointment, give us a call at 319-861-4009 or visit us at Shreveport Eye Clinic on 471 Ashley Ridge Suite 300.